Tuesday, August 28, 2007

meanderings

sunshine is nice. walked to the pearl in it. feel like a person again.

reading is nice too. makes me a calmer person. half way through as simple as snow (loaned to me by zerd -- probably the best read person i personally know). it's weird to read a novel about high schoolers who are texting and emailing each other, since that wasn't a part of my high school experience or in any of the literature that shaped my world view. but it's a good book thus far.

made a lovely salad at whole foods. julienned beets, strawberries and romaine lettuce with a touch of red wine vinegar and oil. rich popping colors and a crispy/sweet/earthy thing going on. mmm for all the senses.

found cute boots that fit my feet for the first time in like five falls. found two pairs even!

i decided that ice cream calories don't count if you eat the ice cream while walking. but i didn't enjoy the ice cream as much. poo.

funniest pick up line i've heard in a while: i'm walking down nw second ave carrying said boots, guy on bicycle goes by, circles back around and says "can i help you carry those...or wash?" then he proceeds with "i'll give you a ride home. i know how to wipe my own ass." if this isn't evolution of the species, what is? it was everything i could do not to spread my legs right then and there.

No comments: