Tuesday, August 21, 2007

plant love

plants: in my garden
this grey weather has me feeling like summer is already over. i never did get around to expanding my garden. the unusually ickles weather has been a mixed blessing -- i didn't need to water everyday and therefore didn't develop the usual depth of relationship with my garden; but being away from home so much this summer was easier knowing that one day without water wasn't going to kill my geraniums.

plants: organizational system
as i search for motivation to get my act together with fall auditions, i keep running into carl linnaeus. (okay, not actually running into him, but coming across references to him.) developing binomial nomenclature for my to-do list might not speed things up, but it would be a fun procrastination method.

plants: reasons to buy stuff
eco-consumerism inspires people in some, um, interesting ways. take cargo's plantlove lipstick -- the packaging is made from corn instead of petroleum and part of the packaging can be planted in your yard and will sprout wildflowers. lindsay lohan even designed one of the colors. i want the job of the person who got paid to come up with this stuff.

No comments: